Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Still going through tomorrow, at least. I might pack it in this weekend, depending on the forecast.

She's been put up wet the last couple years, after being ambushed by the snow. I'd rather not do that again. But it always feels like surrendering, especially if the weather improves a few days later.

R

·
Registered
528 Posts
After the foot of snow we got last Saturday, I was wondering if I was done. But supposed to be in the upper fifties on Turkey Day. I may squeeze a few more rides in yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm right there with Randall. After I get the lights up today, I'll likely go on the final ride. Snow's likely for tomorrow, so that will put the brakes on the riding. Then it will be time to crack open the FSM and get working on a quad bypass.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A bit frosty this morning, my foot slipped at one light but unless there is more than a few inches of snow or real ice, still riding :cool:

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I'm right there with Randall. After I get the lights up today, I'll likely go on the final ride. Snow's likely for tomorrow, so that will put the brakes on the riding. Then it will be time to crack open the FSM and get working on a quad bypass.
Last I heard, it's supposed to warm up a bit and melt over the weekend. Depending on what's immediately beyond Monday's "wintry mix", I may push it out a bit.

Let me know if you want a hand with that engine work. I've done a couple.

R

·
Registered
940 Posts
I will be renting a skidsteer mounted jackhammer in order to move forward with my building project despite the frozen ground. The bikes are tucked away peacefully, dreaming of spring.

·
Registered
402 Posts
last ride

I think I have a couple more "last rides" left. Planning one tomorrow.
Rode for a couple hours both tues & wed -went for coffee this morn-by car{rain] -returned home to discover Mendota Hts had come thru dumping salt in advance of snow?
I have seen the results of salt on bikes stored for the winter so I guess I am done til spring-unless somebody wants me to ride their's.
Paul

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I rode to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week, including a mid-day run yesterday to meet my girls for lunch. It's snowing this morning, but that's supposed to melt over the weekend.

I hope the end holds off through Wednesday next week when we'll have a car in for service.

R

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
no studded snow tires???
No I prefer chains on a shaft drive. It was 65F today in the Shenandoah Valley. Skyline Drive now closed with a gate from 17:00 to 7:00 until hunting season is over.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
no studded snow tires???
I don't think Minnesota allows studs -- not it the metro, anyway. Too hard on the streets.

I haven't been able to find Blizzaks in the correct size.

R

·
Registered
770 Posts
83 degrees here..................the Good weather is just starting

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It felt like summer up here in New England today, think it peaked at 61. Had a couple nice rides about the island.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts