Honda CX 500 Forum banner

still noisy

4344 Views 48 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Shep
So it took me a long time to do, between all the other projects I had going, but I finally finished putting the bike back together after replacing the cam chain. There was some pretty bad wear inside the case from that thing.

Unfortunately, the bike is still noisy. It's pretty decent when the motor is cold, but once it's warmed up, it's still pretty noisy (albeit not as bad as before I did the chain).

I've properly tensioned the chain, and have checked/adjusted the valves (.003 and .004 with the motor stone cold). What else can I do?
1 - 6 of 49 Posts
I think it might just be the fan. The noise is much louder in the front than it is in the rear. Which is definitely not how it was prior to replacing the cam chain. I think I may have broken the fan on reinstallation.

Sucks I'm broke and can't afford an electric fan right now.

Dude, an electric fan from a Ninja can be had on ebay for ~10-15 bucks.
Just bought this fan:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...-All-Categories&_fvi=1&viewitem=#ht_762wt_939

Not an awesome deal, but better than nothing.

Shoreride, I think I'll take you up on that offer. Sending a message...

keep me updated on how this works out for you I also hve a bit noisy engine after replacing my cam chain an setting tappets. However my headers are not permenently installed so I contribute a lot of it to leaky exhaust and fan.
1 - 6 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.