Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. While being in lockdown I was pleased to see the acewell md 52 arrive in my mailbox :)

My buddy who where supposed to help me (he’s done one before on his BMW) got a plug & play version, but for the cx500 it seems to be a whole lot less plug & play. So.. anyone have a handy color guide to go by laying around? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I’m somewhat inpatient I just took a deep dive into the wire harness. Quick note, previous owner have done something to some of the stock wiring, not entirely sure what.

Mounting the acewell was simple as pie, while making the right connections where not.

The color on the connectors did not match with anything in the schematics. Several of the colors on the wires did not match the schematics. Simply put, there’s something going on at acewell, maybe they ran out of colors, who knows.

Anyway, after a couple of hit and miss(es) I managed to get power and most of the controls seems to be working. A bit unsure what to do with the temp gauge, possible to use the stock one?
Other than that, nifty little device. I’ll try to make a proper write up when I’m done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tom.

Yes, I haven't really tried the temp sensor since the tank is not hooked up.I just started the bike and saw that the revs where picked up by the sensor cable wrapped around the plug wire. I think most people will be able to do this in a night or so, but as I said the colours where off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a side note: if the colors don’t match up, get the schematics from Acewell’s website. The paper version following the package where missing something, like the wire for the light in the instrument.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts