Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1981 Honda CX500 Custom

So I did the stator tests for vAC and for resistance. Here are the results.

White Wire circuit ~80 vAC

Blue Wire circuit ~93 vAC

Resistance Tests

Blue-White ~ 78 Ohms

Green-White ~350 Ohms

Blue-Green ~428 Ohms

Just want some confirmation that all these values seem acceptable and are indicative of a proper functioning stator. The battery is new and seems to be getting properly charged from running the bike.

I did these tests because there is a strange throttle deadzone bog down in every gear somewhere between 4K-6K. It seems like I have to hold the throttle at just the right spot to accelerate through that rpm range but the bike will indeed run above 6K. Something I discovered yesterday is that there is NO air filter inside the air box and I was wondering if that would allow the bike to get too much air at once and perhaps bogging it down. Just tracking down my "go gremlins" so I can get this baby running well. Thanks much!

Cale

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Without an air filter you may not have enough vacuum to raise the slides at the correct rpm range, it is quite possible that would cause your problem.

It may not be the cause but until you get a proper air filter installed, it is hard to say.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Allan is correct.You need an air filter in before you can diagnose properly and set your idle mixture correctly.

I've used stock Air filters for years,nothing fancy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CX50...QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQvilZ1

Put you model and location in your signature to help direct you better.

Ignore the reference to electronic tacho,just use your rev counter at 1100 Rpm+10% ish.

HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.