Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any difference in the stator of a cdi ignition and a Ti like on the newer models?

·
Registered
422 Posts
The TI stators only contain charging windings. The CDI stators have charging windings, as well as windings to generate high voltage for the coils.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
They are absolutely not interchangable. The easiest way to identify them quickly is that the TI stator has three wires, the CDI 5(?)or more. The TI stator generates 252 watts, the CDI only 170. If one installs the ignitec ignition system on a CDI bike, a 252 watt TI stator can be used. TI stators cost substantially less also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are absolutely not interchangable. The easiest way to identify them quickly is that the TI stator has three wires, the CDI 5(?)or more. The TI stator generates 252 watts, the CDI only 170. If one installs the ignitec ignition system on a CDI bike, a 252 watt TI stator can be used. TI stators cost substantially less also.
thanks thats what i wondering before i put a an 82 cx 500 engine in my 79 cx 500 frame!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.