Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with ATV Galaxy Stators. Mine is gone and I found them on Ebay selling new units

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ElectroSport-Hea...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588e243788

This one is listed as a Heavey Duty Replacement for CX500C from 1980 - 1982.

The price is livable as it is a new one with a warranty, but just wanted to see if anyone had purchased these. Since Im in Canada I want to make sure this will work for me and have no issues, as my riding season is now cut short and I prefer not to have it totally screwed by getting something not right.

You all here are the true experts, and I would be foolish to just get it without at least asking for everyones opinion.

I guess I will also order a mechanical seal while im at it, just have to find the right one (read some postings about two seals slightly different sizes that caused people lots of headaches).

Thanks all, your the best :)

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
That stator is made by Electrosport, aka Electrex. Some folks have had good luck with them, others not so good luck. I fall in the latter category so my choice would be to avoid them.

Several of the Canadian forum members have had good results with stators from RM Stator, but I have no first hand experience with them.

I would think most stator vendors would ship to Canada.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davef, thanks for the heads up :) I just found an RMstator from a place in Quebec (4-5 days as opposed to 4-5 weeks for the Electrosport one). Its cheaper and the shipping is free. Going to order that one.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290577937286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

NateDawg, I seriously considered doing this, but if I can make the swap ASAP and actually get riding then that would be prefered. I am however going to rewire the old one and hold it for a spare. That way I can take my time and not rush it, plus make notes on how many turns and what guage so I dont screw it up. Before this forum I would have never even contemplated doing a rewind myself, but then again I was shying away from a lot of stuff. You people here have made everything a whole lot less scary :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.