Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am from Texas and recently purchased a 1981 Honda gl500, my buddy and I wanted to turn it into a bobber type bike and began taking it apart as can be seen in the pictures but I have ran into a few dilemmas and wondered if anyone here might be able to help. The motorcycle was in running condition, but I do not like the tank the previous owner put in, it looks more like a sports bike tank and was like big 8 gallon one. Can anyone tell me which tanks fit without much modification? I understand that is the point about bikes making wrong stuff fit but I'm not very experienced at all doing this. I would like to start off by repainting the frame and redoing the electrical wires (turn signal, brake) because they are a mess, is removing the engine and redoing the electricals a pain and has anybody here with little mechanical experience been succesful at it. I have been searching to see if anyone here has builds they've done and how they did them but haven't had much luck, I have seen plenty of cool bikes though
and that makes me wanna continue. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Gl500, gl650, someone said cx500 custom or standard. It is all a matter of having tanks to try. That's why many people haven't found other options.

Looks like a good start. Any pictures of the tank?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.