Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I'm still a newbie at motorcycle tinkering, but I recently cleaned the carbs from my '81 gl500. I thought that would fix a lot of the idle problems I was having before (for example: rough idle after warm up... actually that was about it) but I seemed to have made things worse. Now it takes me a long time to start the bike and if it does start the idle is worse after warm up then it was before. I check the vacuum hoses from the fuel valve (there is only three, if im correct), and reajusted the pilot screws and had no success. I'm pretty sure that the guy I bought the bike from didn't take care of this machine at all. Also, when I pulled out the gas tank I think the fuel screen was still stuck in the tank and I wasn't able to pull it out to clean it. It looked nasty. It was brownish red. Anyways, I hope some of you can help me out with this problem. I'm moving to Seattle in a few month (from Reno) and I want to ride this thing up there in tip top shape (that, and I have a lot of plans for this cool bike). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.