Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my starter buton fell out about a month ago ,got a replacement which was also half broke.

so decided to fix the original one.

made a tiny block with pivot pins both side

then drilled a 1.5mm hole thro the block into the switch,

epoxy block to switch useing cut down drill as a pin.

leave to cure and instal good as new.

jolly fiddly getting it all back together.

woo hoo mark.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Now the next owner can enjoy?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If one were to say not have a starter button, and possibly some of the other internal parts of the right bar control for a 650tc is there any other model one could pirate one out of that would work? Or is this strictly a one model only thing?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If one were to say not have a starter button, and possibly some of the other internal parts of the right bar control for a 650tc is there any other model one could pirate one out of that would work? Or is this strictly a one model only thing?

the switch gear is model specific to the 650 tc the 500 tc has a round button , but if you swap the whole thing over i would bet it would work.

but THE VF 700 is close also another board member wrote "I found the Canadian CB700s to be a bit closer, the only thing is that you would need to create an extension cord of sorts to plug it in as the wiring on the CB700 switch is much shorter. Cosmetically it looks very similar to the 650t switch. Also the guide hole in the bottom of the handlebars is in a different spot, so you would have to drill a new guide hole. Minor things..."

good luck.

mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts