Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put most of the pieces together. Put gas in it and hit the start button. It caughed once and then started running!! Can't tell you what a great feeling that was. After sitting for 16 years it is running again. Does sound sweet. I would have taken it for a ride, but the front brake is not working yet. Quite cold today and our first flurry. Can't begin to describe what a help this forum is!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Glad you hear you've got it going, isn't that one of the best feelings ever when you hear it fire up the first time?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine will sit for weeks, then I get the urge just to start it. . . . Then I get that "New Toy" feeling all over again. -Joel

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sounds like yours started better after years than mine does after hours! Good on ya!

I tell you what thrills me: I've let a dealership service my valves for me the one time they were done before and I never thought they were done right. I rode my bike both in and out of that dealership and since learned that valve adjustment needs to be done stone cold. But I was afraid I would get in over my head and turn a working bike into an oversized door stop.

Well, a week ago I decided to give it a try after viewing Lucky';s video and now: WOW!

My bike bursts into life after the starter is engaged for maybe 2 seconds! It is damned near INSTANT! It has never started so easily.

That's a thrill.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I tell you what thrills me: I've let a dealership service my valves for me the one time they were done before and I never thought they were done right. I rode my bike both in and out of that dealership and since learned that valve adjustment needs to be done stone cold. But I was afraid I would get in over my head and turn a working bike into an oversized door stop.

Well, a week ago I decided to give it a try after viewing Lucky';s video and now: WOW!

My bike bursts into life after the starter is engaged for maybe 2 seconds! It is damned near INSTANT! It has never started so easily.

That's a thrill.

well i am glad i was able to help jay it was a fun video to due and also to the point

·
Registered
381 Posts
well i am glad i was able to help jay it was a fun video to due and also to the point

I surely appreciate you doing it. I was always afraid there was some sort of one-time-only gasket in there that I'd have to replace but might have trouble finding. As it turned out, it's much easier than replacing valve covers on a car. Watching you do it made it look like something I could do... and I could!

Every day a new adventure.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
well i am glad that it helped you out man i thought that if i did it and some one watched me do it then they can do and then they could tell some one else how to due it and so forth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts