Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just did my bike. In fact, pu t the line on and bled it today. I order my line from JDA Enterprises on Wednesday, and it arrived this morning. Excellent product, no complaints from me. <$50 delivered.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The JDA lines are great, but expect the cost to be much more than $50 since the Interstates have three lines rather than one.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
JDA will go out of their way to custom build. Solid Teflon, used on aircrafts & race cars with extremely fine braid not just covered but fused. Stainless braid, washers included. Why risk your life on a cheap Chinese eBay rip off?

http://www.jdaent.com/

·
Registered
125 Posts
Curious,

How would I know what to order for a CX650 custom?

It has just one front brake line. Always has been very squishy.

what info must I be armed with?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Curious,

It has just one front brake line. Always has been very squishy.

what info must I be armed with?

Tell them what kind of bike you have. The chances are they've already got what they need. When I ordered the line for my GL500, all I had to tell them was the model, year and engine displacement.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I helped Ramprat with his stainless line a couple of months back that he got from JDA. I was pretty impressed with it and knew I was going to have to buy one soon. Last week, I bought one off the bay for around 41 bucks delivered. It wasn't a JDA but from another seller. Nowhere near the quality of the JDA. Mine is really stiff and poor quality connectors compared to Joels. It doesn't leak so I'll continue to use it, but I know where I'll buy the next one from.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Curious,

I just called them up and gave them the basic info. Year, model, and engine displacement was all they needed. Which made it very easy since I inadvertantly let the old one depart via the garbage wagon before getting a measurement. "Oops!" One of my finer moments...

For what it is worth, I use high pressure hoses for other applications fairly frequently and have always utilized a local source to have hoses made. Since getting this brake line from JDA, they will be getting all of my future hose orders. The price is a bit cheaper and the service was great for me. Excellent product. No affiliation; just a happy customer.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Where is the best place for stainless lines? I'm tired of this mushy lever.
Cycle bakes Galfer> S.S lines. Pro gear, same prices DOT approved quick service. All color options no extra charge. Very Fine S/S wire equals very flexible lines. Fitment for major brands plus custom applications is not "out of their way" I just ordered another custom line from them for my rear disc brake conversion. Very nice people easy to deal with. 1-800-805-2118 They supply Moto GP level bikes

Cheers, 50gary

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
What really impressed me was the quality of the hose, fittings & construction. Can't buy better anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.