Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello CX500 Forum! :cool:

I am new here, and are in the process of planning a build. Since doing so, I have a few questions for you all;

1: What are the pros and cons of a springer front-end? I reaally like the looks of 'em, and would love to have one on my bike.
How much of a pain in the ass would it be to mount one?

2: Is it difficult mounting a new gastank directly on the naked frame? The reason for me asking is because I havn't seen many on here using custom tanks, but holding
on to the original. Is it simply esthetics or is maybe something else?

3: I know this question popped up awhile back, but I'd like to ask it again; what did your build cost? I'm looking at a total budget of roughly $3000. Not enough?

4: What is a fair price for a paintjob, seeing i'm building a bobber/chopper?

Regards
Remus

·
Registered
24,569 Posts
i hear you but it works like this in my experience

you get the forks then you have to switch stems to the cx one to get it to fit 100-150

then you have to get a wheel you want fit in and to match the axle and fit brake rotors and calipers ect and that can be up to 500-800 in machining cost

unless you get a springer with a rim and brake rotors and calipers that you like and they are not that cheap

so be aware the cost is not just the springer the last springer i did we spent over 4 k by the time it ws installed powder coated and chrome bits

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I see, thank you. I will keep that in mind. Say I got it where I want it; what would it be like? How does a springer behaves and handles?
I am not looking for a fast bike, that does not interest me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.