Honda CX 500 Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had not previously built or laced spoke wheels. I found it to be a rewarding challenge, I really don't think my build (still a work in progress) would look proper with the OEM Comstar wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
No, the stock wheels wouldn't look right on that bike. Did you do the bodywork? Its amazing looking!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish I could take credit for the custom aluminum bodywork used in this build. The tank was made by a craftsman in India, and was intended for a CB750 frame. The tank required major surgery to underside tunnel for clearance with CX500 forward engine hanger, Rear cowl was made by a fellow in Texas. The fairing is from Marcus at Omega Racers in Thailand. I chopped and built a modified sub-frame and had it all professionally welded by a certified welder. I can weld small stuff, but elected not to take any chances with structural frame integrity. The Comstar spoke wheel conversion really helped to tie the whole theme together IMHO.

Attachments

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.