Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this guy's products? I am considering one of his spin on oil filter adaptors and his grips. Has anyone any exp with a spin on filter on this type of bike?.

My link

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Several people have used his adapter and grips just fine. The biggest part of the argument/question is the money involved for the adapter. Besides that nobody says a word.

·
Registered
948 Posts
That would make an excellent Christmas present from the wifey. Just don't forget a nice chrome filter as well for show.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Randakks stuff is known to be top notch. Like was said earlier, the only argument for or against spin on filters is whether it is really worth it. Your oil is getting filtered regardless, so go with whichever makes you happy.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm with Johnny and Shep on this one, no harm meant to Gary. I just don't see the benefit factors outweighing the negatives.

Joel in the Couve
(THAT'S FROM THE LAST "DEBATE" ON SPIN ON OIL FILTERS)

But... there are no negatives! At least half this board is about changing and or modifying old bikes. This is just one more way that can be and is done. It's really funny yeah, some guy is going to reach down between two very hot pipes and grab a hot oil filter and twist it off by hand? If someone is that heck bent n damaging a bike they will do it regardless of spin on or no spin on. Most of the posted "negatives" are made up stuff flying saucers er, I mean rocks and vandals or moto terrorists, I guess there's been a rash of new bikes being vandalized and hit by flying rocks because most newer bikes (and cars) have spin on filters. Give it up, too funny.

Cheers, 50gary

Click to add title Click to add title

·
Registered
583 Posts
Anything Randakk sells is well engineered. it is just a matter of personal preference. Honestly, if I had 60 bucks kicking around I would try it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
QCTM on both of these threads. From everything I can gather, the product works fine. It's up to the buyer to decided whether to purchase.

On another bike forum, the is someone who sells protectors for spin-on filters. They also sell a tamper-resistant oil filler plug. Innovation and choice in products are good things.

There are lots of areas where the CX/GL's can use improvement, so the tinkerer/farkler can stay busy to his heart's content.

·
Registered
889 Posts
QCTM on both of these threads. From everything I can gather, the product works fine. It's up to the buyer to decided whether to purchase.

On another bike forum, the is someone who sells protectors for spin-on filters. They also sell a tamper-resistant oil filler plug. Innovation and choice in products are good things.

There are lots of areas where the CX/GL's can use improvement, so the tinkerer/farkler can stay busy to his heart's content.

·
Registered
889 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.