Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sorry if there is already a post about this i just really dont like searching forums for hours looking for answers. But i just bought my first motorcycle today. A 79 CX500.
I want to convert it into a cafe racer style bike. One thing im not sure about is the speedometer. What can i do about that. I want just a single gauge on the bike. If I can find a speedo tach combo that would be great. But is there a way to convert it so i dont have to run the speedo cable to the front wheel. Someone help

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Welcome to this forum, dlewis1000 :)

Not for my CX but for my russian (ukrainian) Dnepr bike I installed a digital/electronic speedo like this one.
And It's a -not cheap- but good instrument.
In USA You will find other brands.

Greetings/Gruesse
WolFgang

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you have an iPhone, you can get a speedo app., then buy a handlebar mount or make something up you could mount it on the fuse cover.
I am working on one myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The original speedo has an od of 82mm, so I am ordering a silicon hose coupler at 83mm x 150mm and then will use to flat bars to attach it from the original nuts to the two small bolts where the original bracket mounted. This will allow it to sit central, also considering moving the fuse box and ignition to the side panel. I have a 79' with 18000 original miles so want to use the original speedo. I will start a thread soon showing my work so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts