Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello My Fellow Forum Members

I have a question for the powers that be on here. I bought my 1982 GL500 Interstate from a fellow in Chicago late in the season last year and exported it back here to Canada.

Well as most of you know we are on the metric system up here. I want to change the speedo over from miles per hour to kilometers per hour.

There is a metric speedo on Flea Bay for a 1978 HONDA CX500. My question is, do you feel a speedo from 1978 HONDA CX500 will bolt onto a 1982 GL500?

Thank You for your thoughts

Stones

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
In other words just get one from a '79 or up.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Your original speedo has an interior set of numbers on the dial face that are the metric version. Is it not possible to just use those numbers or do you want a mileage counter in Kms as well?

I just imported a set of US GL gauges to mount on my CX cafe project here in New Zealand , and having mph and kmh doesnt phase me , nor does counting the distance in miles bother me . But then I grew up in the days of mph anyway , pre- 1967 in NZ.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The answer should be no. 78 gauges are small where as the other cx 500 gauges are just like the gl gauges.

Thank You Blindstitch
just the kind of answer I was looking for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts