Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought some aftermarket mini coils and im not sure of how the plug caps come off from the stock coils so rather than dammage them i will ask here as this is the best source for experience in these monsters ive done the resistor mod so i can dissassemble the cap but not too sure how to remove the wire with out dammage so ican install the new wires.

any help or pics would be great

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
You'll have to go get some new high tension cable to put in the coils. The old coils have the wires integrated in the design and are not removable.

Try to get a copper core wire. It will give a better spark.

The plug caps just unscrew off with a brass screw that's built into the cap.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
so i bought some aftermarket mini coils and im not sure of how the plug caps come off from the stock coils so rather than dammage them i will ask here as this is the best source for experience in these monsters ive done the resistor mod so i can dissassemble the cap but not too sure how to remove the wire with out dammage so ican install the new wires.

any help or pics would be great

They should just unscrew from the wires by turning them counter clockwise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They should just unscrew from the wires by turning them counter clockwise.

cool ill give it a shot when i get off of work

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i put the coils on yesterday and the phrase "runs like a raped ape with its hair on fire" barley scraches the surface i was able to pull a pretty decent hill in 5th gear and accellerated the entire time!!!! This is why i love my honda

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Good to hear it's a running ape. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
well i put the coils on yesterday and the phrase "runs like a raped ape with its hair on fire" barley scraches the surface i was able to pull a pretty decent hill in 5th gear and accellerated the entire time!!!! This is why i love my honda

Ok now I am curious about your brand/source/cost of said coils.

Rick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok now I am curious about your brand/source/cost of said coils.

Rick
i got them from flea-bay came from taiwan cost about 15 bucks for both seller was tmoto power their just 100cc-300cc universal cdi coils

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i got them from flea-bay came from taiwan cost about 15 bucks for both seller was tmoto power their just 100cc-300cc universal cdi coils

Thanks for the info, I am gonna check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts