Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1983 CX650C, 1982 GL500
52 Posts
They're called flag terminals. Not an endorsement, but I've ordered stuff from cycleterminal.com before with no problems, here's a link to the insulators they carry: Insulator sleeves Now that you know what they're called, you can probably find them from other sellers, too. Hopefully you'll be able to slip a new insulator over the old terminal without tearing it.

·
Registered
1983 CX650C, 1982 GL500
52 Posts
Even as a native English speaker, if I could have a nickel for every hour I've spent trying to figure out what to call something only to happen upon the 'proper' name and go 'oh, that makes sense!' I'd have a lot of nickel. Terminology is tricky, but I do find eBay to be pretty useful in figuring out what something should be called since sellers will throw in a bunch of keywords and you'll often stumble upon what you're looking for with a little persistence.

If you do decide to cut off the connector and install new ones, you'll want to get a crimp tool with a die for non-insulated flag terminals since a normal, non-insulated terminal die will crush a flag terminal. So, it might be worth a shot to see if you're lucky and can slip a new insulator on and save a few bucks for all the 'while I'm in here' repairs that come when deciding to dive into fixing little problems and then the next thing you know you're down do a bare frame asking 'how did this happen?' shortly followed by 'I spent how much?!?'

1 - 2 of 2 Posts