Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, lets get the formalities out of the way. This is my first topic post at this fantastic and informative forum, so let me start by saying, "Hello all!"

My friend and i are new riders, and we are looking for a good southern NH ride. The 1A seacoast route is mobbed because of the heat and summer vacations and the Kancamangus is the same(besides it may be a little bit early for that ride
). So we were wondering if anyone can suggest a ride in southern NH away from the major tourist areas? I'm sure i will hit every suggestion one at a time, so I thank you in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you hop on 107 and track North there are some good twisting roads out of the way. It's a nice way to get up north. There's a great diner up in New Hampton on route 104, great roadside eats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Joel! I live in Candia, so 107 is right around the corner from me! I have been on 107 through

Deerfield, but not past route 4. I'll try to go up north using that route next weekend if it's nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah I live in Raymond and have yet to make that journey on my cx. Been up that route a couple times in my car just to avoid highways and people that don't know how to drive, there are a few around. lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
A few years ago after taking my son to Keene State, I came back via Rte. 149 from Hillsboro down to Weare. Curvy, scenic, but not much fun in the minivan, so I decided I had to see it by motorcycle (fresh out of sportscars currently). It was good, some pretty tight turns so don't go in too hot until you know the road. Also, I commute from Londonderry to Concord, and rather than go up 93 with the fast-n-furious crowd if I'm on the GL500I, I take the scenic route through Bow and Dunbarton, winding up at exit 6 on 293. Some high ridges where you can see a long way. Of course, just about anywhere in the Lakes region is good, as long as the traffic isn't too bad.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Back in the mid 60's I lived in Manchester, NH and worked at Sylvania in Hillsboro, NH and drove a 59 MGA over that route every day, it was a blast.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had a '58 A while I was in Dallas, late 60's. A buddy and I decided we'd tinker it up and go racing in D or E-Production, but he never showed up for the tinkering part, so I bought him out. Racing idea was DOA because it was totally obsolete due to Datsun 1600 and some other cars. I had a good time with it, but the roads were nothing like NH. One thing I remember well, if the road was wet, and I couldn't avoid a puddle on the right side, I might as well look for a place to pull over, because it was shutting down immediately due to wet distributor. Also had a '66 B later in MA, with OD (and rust, local chronic problem)and had some good times, but remember the time it shut down while I was trying to impress my latest sweetie, pushed it back to apartment. No spark. Replaced everything to no avail, until finally replacing the rotor in desperation, and it ran. (Lucas strikes again.) There's quite an active British car club here in NH, I don't have one but I enjoy going to their shows and jawing with them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boy this string got old, an no new notes. Got my 82 Interstate back together, been out a few times this spring, went to a couple of old-car cruise-ins with it. Anybody interested in those as well as old bikes?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm game to go for a ride next week. I'm south of Nashua, in Pepperell.

TF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.