Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some rubber tank pads and vintage logo like these. Anybody know a good source?

CX04LR.jpg

David in Rochester

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just looked & found two new aftermarket flexible badges 2 1/8" diameter, adhesive backs (not bolt on), looks like the same one on the tank. Can ship them to you for $10 delivered. I never used them on my CX project. PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Tech Spec has two sizes of tank pads for CX500's....

If you want to cut your own, I have a pattern.

Just print it out and enlarge/reduce until it matches the ruler...or play around with the size....

Here it is on a tank, mocked up with a black yoga pad:

VC3

Installed Tech Spec Snake Skin tank pads on my Ninja 650 and thinking about it for the CX. Would either cut my
own for the CX with their material or send them templates for them to cut them out.

Product Overview

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,417 Posts
Hey, David!

Think you'll make the Spring Ride this year? We'll be starting in your neighborhood.

R

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, David!

Think you'll make the Spring Ride this year? We'll be starting in your neighborhood.

R
I should be able to make it. My CX is still laid out for repairs, but I hope to debut her with a new look by then.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used the templates VC3 had made and tried covering bits of vinyl flooring that I had cut to shape covered in leather which I planned on sticking to my tank. It looked like crap so I took off the leather and sprayed the vinyl flooring satin black. Looked great and had a nice texture to it. Cost less than 50p to make.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love to see a pic when you get the chance!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I used the templates VC3 had made and tried covering bits of vinyl flooring that I had cut to shape covered in leather which I planned on sticking to my tank. It looked like crap so I took off the leather and sprayed the vinyl flooring satin black. Looked great and had a nice texture to it. Cost less than 50p to make.
Hi Richard....I'm glad it worked out for you......Tech Spec sells their material in uncut sheets, but it costs a lot - anyone interested can do a search on EBay for TechSpec..............

VC3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts