Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Maybe the exchange rate in NL is out of whack, cuz that dude sure is. Good grief.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Absurd!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Pretty sure thats a typo and the actual asking price is $4,500.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My guess is that they really don't want to sell it. I suppose if someone told me I had to sell my CX I'd say ok and put a 40k price on it. Sounds reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Yeah, that's it Linny. The wife said it had to go, and he said "OK, the ad is up honey." LOL

·
Registered
269 Posts
If someone wanted to give me $45k, they could have All my bikes, parts, AND tools. lol.

(then I would go shopping.)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If someone wanted to give me $45k, they could have All my bikes, parts, AND tools. lol.

(then I would go shopping.)

Ick! LOL.... call it sentiment, but I wouldn't part with my bike for 45k!! Add some more "0's" and I'd think about it

and for the pervs... that's ZERO'S!! LOL

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,264 Posts
I imagine it's just a typo, but it sure has gotten him a lot of traffic - close to 500 hits when I looked.

R

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

yeah, really. My dad had a GoldWing when I was little so I was absolutely over the moon when I found this one- and after taking the time etc to make it like this, I wouldn't want to sacrifice more time etc to find another bike and come up with ANOTHER paint idea (I like to be different, remember) for just 45k. It's MY 'Wing and especially since it's my very first bike it means a lot to me. This has been a (short) journey for me and it means something..... and if that doesn't tell you something- I kept a 1973 AMC Hornet that was all rusted out because it was my classic car. My dad and uncle had chargers, roadrunners and the like but what did my generation have at the time? Neons and cavaliers. Thank you, but there's something to be said about a classic vehicle that still runs and operates great as an (almost) daily driver. This bike is as old as I am- and it's a good bike!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think I can understand that DMK. Now with a little thought, there is an item or two I have that would not be for sale at any price, at least I think so. But it does seem highly illogical - $45000 could replace a lot of toys

My first restored bike was to be a forever thing, at least at the time but it was eventually sold for a 'better' toy. It's easier to get over it than you might think. But males can be fickle.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,264 Posts
As fond as I am of it, if someone seriously offered to buy the Grub for a ridiculous amount, I'd say "SOLD!", buy the '78 CX listed locally for $425, and start over. The build up is a good part of the fun, and I'd only make half the mistakes the next time around.

R

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
..... I was out driving around and found a truck that if I had the money just sitting around, it would be parked in my garage! Alas it's $46k. And if someone gave me $45k for the bike, I could have a truck but no bike. As I said before $450k would be different- for that price I'd have to sell it, and find 3 more and make them all different! Then park them in the garage next to the truck!! LOL

Just sayin my bike is worth more than $45k to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.