Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, after taking my wife dinner at work, I hopped on for my short ride home. But as soon as I flipped on the ignition key, no power. And I mean dead. No dim idiot light, no headlight, nada. I pondered it for a couple minutes, then decided screw it, lets try a rolling start. As soon as I rolled it off the center stand, and a little down the hill, the idiot lights, headlight and running lights all fired on. Pushed the electric start, and my baby roared up like new. Anybody have any ideas what may have caused this?

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Well that's a bit odd.

Yes push starting the bike should have been able to run it due to the cdi stator/ignition but it's the pressing of the starter that baffled me as I would guess that's the main fuse. Just for grins you should check it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
also check your battery post connections are clean and tight. They can cause strange problems too.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yea, my main fuse just went out but still looked perfect. Due to the construction of the things I'd replace it with a weatherproof automotive blade fuse holder (most any auto parts store, $3) as the original was old technology that, after all these years, obviously isn't holding up due to all the failures we see posted from time to time on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.