Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my stock starter button was so worn out that the contacts inside it would often come loose when riding so my headlight would go out. So I bought a reproduction one from 4into1. It has all the same wires as the cx500 it just doesn't have the two wires that are apart of the stop switch. I had to change the connections on the end to make sure it plugged in but I got it all figured out and when you click the starter button the starter motor spins.

The problem is that now my tail light does not get power and that's where my Rae San ignition gets its power. So no tail light means no ignition system. So the bike won't start. If I move the key to the park position the tail light comes on and the rae San has power.

Does the starter button/kill switch have anything to do with the tail light or is there another problem at work here?

I went and plugged in my old starter button/kill switch and clicked the start button and the bike was able to start again, but then I switched back and the tail light wasn't getting juice again. Of course in my fiddling it now seems the old switch has a short in it because now every time I plug it in the bike blows the main fuse, so I can't even switch back if I wanted to.

What's wrong?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The turn signals work but the front two don't stay on as running lights. The nuetral light works, the oil pressure light works. I don't think the guage illuminator lights are coming on but I might have to wait until night to see.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to add in the brake light switch and bridge on of those wires in with the middle ground wire of the starter button.

All solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts