Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up all y'all in bike land! im a newbie to the motorcycle scene and have seen and heard of some people mounting dyna and sportster seats on their bikes and i was looking into putting a oem sportster seat on my girl something like an04 or later model one. it looks to follow the same shape of 883 oem just obviously shorter. would this go on as slick as say a dyna or sportster two up seat?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
They do not bolt on, you have to make mounting mods.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of modification ? i realize i'll probably have to drill through the rear fender to pop a bolt through and lock it down if that's what you mean. i know that's what you do when mounting a two up sportster seat.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
what kind of modification ? i realize i'll probably have to drill through the rear fender to pop a bolt through and lock it down if that's what you mean. i know that's what you do when mounting a two up sportster seat.

Yes mounting modification. Depending on your seats mounting holes, you will have to fab a matching piece/plate to

mate it to the bike. Each seat is different, rigid/springer it all depends on what you get, so find your seat and go from

there. I doubt you will luck out and be able to find an exact match. BTW I would not use the fender as a base mount, it

is not strong enough.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.