Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would say thanks to all for all the help in the past couple of years, and to say goodby. Due to health reasons severly limiting my riding, and the high cost of insurance here, I sold the bikes. I just can't justify paying paying over $1700 for the insurance on 2 bikes when I can only ride in the best of weather. Two years ago I paid $0.33 a km for insurance alone, and that was way better than last summers riding, it was closer to $0.50 a km. So have fun all and goodby.

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Just because you sold the bikes doesn't mean you can't pay a visit here once in a while. There is always some good camaraderie and you never know when YOU might have a tidbit to offer someone else to give them a hand. Good luck in your future ventures, and a wish for good health as well.

Joel in the Couve.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Though I've just arrived here, farewell and...... good grief, $1700 a year (Canada???). Sheesh. I'm under 25 and pay like $130 a year.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just because the bikes are gone doesn't mean you have to stay a stranger.

Sorry about the health issues, get better, eh?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Manitoba rates are rough, here in Alberta I pay $200 or so per bike. Wish we could have got together Larry to do the

"deal" we talked about, you are always welcome to stop by if ever in the area, take care and stay in touch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for the well wishes, I will drop by from time to time. Yes the insurance is that much, and that is for a 55 year old with top driving record. As far as hobbies, I will be spending more time shooting and fishing with my family. My wife and I will take our day tours with the car instead of the bikes. The car is not as much fun as the bikes, but it has a lot more comfort. Have a good summer all.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Just because the bikes are gone doesn't mean you have to stay a stranger.

Sorry about the health issues, get better, eh?
im with the bear,and look in to say hello now and again

good luck in the future

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.