Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like everyone suggests. So I make a CL ad about it:

WTB Honda CX500 PARTS bike

Do not need a bike with a title, and running is optional (would be nice if it did though, or will start with assistance). I just want it for spare parts in case I need more for mine. A complete bike however would be nice please as long as it isn't falling apart. Check your barns, check the back of your garage, check the closet (it might be in boxes!). I need to clarify I NEED PARTS NOT A HASSLE so if your sending an email with a pricey titled bike, an over priced non-titled bike, a wrecked, or a rusted out hulk, Save your time and mine.

First response (if it's someone in here I apologize) "I have a titled one that won't run.. $950 and it's yours."

From the pics he sent me and the 10+ bikes in the background it seems like dude is a dealer or collector and trying to get me to pay "retail" for a non-running bike? I told him no thanks and left it at that.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Tis the law of supply and demand man. Merely be patient, and keep yer peepers glued to the buy/sell section. I was, and still am quite surprised at just how MANY CX & GL-500's that were sold here in the states.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I would shorten your Ad to ...." Looking for Honda CX parts Bike or CX GL parts. Let me know what you got and what you want. Trades considered for? Thanks ( and put a good easy contact method)

An old rule in Sales is.... the bigger the for sale sign, the more motivated the seller or buyer is. Your ad indicates you really want this stuff... a savvy seller will notice this and price accordingly.

Once they contact you, they are showing they are motivated... you can always say not interested quickly to the obvious fishers... it's a dance.

As a Purchaser and Seller of used bikes and parts I find it's best to let things seek their own level and not insult with lowball haggling.... but on occasion,

I've seen sellers sit on a bike for six months with the same CL ad popping up... sometimes I'll check in after a couple months and their reality check has adjusted the price to a more realistic level.

I'd probably go wave 2 100 dollar bills at that titled bike, and sell the owner on the idea that it is worth nothing to him sitting there not running.... check in once a month to see if he'll bite... sometimes it just takes patience. His price is a bet on your impulsiveness...

Good Luck !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deleted old ad, started new one.

Old Honda's laying around?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for Honda CX parts Bike or CX/GL parts. Let me know what you got and what you want for it. May buy whole bike if the price is right.

Advice taken, thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.