Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for months now the bike has always ran rich. So rich in fact the intake tubes always have had a nice layer of gas in them.

Well i disassembled the carbs last night and caught something.

Nothing was clogged or missing. However someone had to have taken them apart before because i had finally realized the choke flappers were always closed.

I changed 2 springs around where they should have been, re-assembled and syncronized the carbs and bam its a whole new monster.

So for all my idiot posts just remember, its the stupid thins you miss. Funny how i recall poking at the choke for months now not even thinking of it till last night.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I wouldn't say that you missed the stupid things, but sometimes the very obvious things that you don't expect turn out to be the issue. I have done the same thing, that little hole in the gas cap couldn't be clogged, or those vacuum lines to the petcock were that way when I got the bike, so they must be right.

Good catch, someone else will also benefit from your posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.