Condoski,iv had a similar problem a few weeks ago.i ended up with seals i didnt need.buy/match your rebuild seals according to piston size.forget part numbers and modelsYeah, that's what I'm hoping for. I'll do a cracker-jack clean up, get on the road, and see how she feels. Although one surprise I don't want is dodgy brakes. If it comes to a total rebuild, that's what it will be.
Yes, I'm the kid who took everything apart to see how it worked... and never ever got it all back together) Sorry Dad.
Actually it came apart quite easily. I filled the chamber with PB Blaster, wrapped micowaved hot towels around it about a dozen times, did a bleed, and pumped it out. The caliper casting is looking worse than the piston. Initial thoughts are to slow spin the caliper wrapped in a handful of 0000-steel wool, carefully dress the face with a file (someone used a screw driver attempting to try and free it up and left some nicks). My only goal here is to simply have an operational front brake so I can run her up and jockey the bike around. Soaking in Kero is always a good idea with old rotty stuff, and a "poor-mans" way to make pressure treat lumber. I watched the old farmers do it for years. Takes all summer to air it out, but hot dang, it worked.