Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I layed down my father-in-laws silverwing. The damage was minimal, but I snapped the brake pedal shaft and broke the stop switch arm. Both these parts have been discontinued and I was hoping anyone knew a place where I can pick these parts up.

Problem 2: To take off the old shaft it seems like the exhaust is in the way. Not 100% sure and I didn't want to dink around with it until I knew for sure...does anyone know how to remove it? Any help will be GREATly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

We can probably help you locate these parts. Is the bike a GL500 or a GL650? It makes a difference as the shaft is not the same.

One suggestion is to try ebay. Search for GL500 brake, or Gl650 brake as appropriate.

Does your father-in-law know about the forum? If not, please extend an invitation for him to check it out.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Well well, thats a new one.

I've never known anyone break one of those before

I've seen bent pedals and fixed snapped gear change levers

but that shaft takes a fair bit to break.

Any pics?

Just interested thats all

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
they be much easier to break when pre bent and impacted a few times.... Not on a CX, but I,ve done similar.

Not sure about the Ex being in the way... but if it's been tweaked you may have to hammer (tap) it out with a drift punch. My favorite tool for getting things loose like axles.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all the advice. I will upload some pictures of my utter failure. Ebay had the part I needed. I don't know why I didn't even think of looking there. Also, I did have to hammer the rod out with a screwdriver...but it is off to a promising recovery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.