Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly finishing acquiring the stock parts for my '78 CX. One of the last things I need are the correct turn signal stalks. I have a good stalk (no lens) on the cowl, but the other is crushed. They appear smaller than the normal Honda units - I measured 750mm OD. Was this a one-year deal? Were all four units the same size? I have rear units on board but they're standard size (900mm+) so they may have been place there by the PO like so many other things. I see that Honda superceded original part numbers with another, so maybe they all got bigger after '78?

·
Super Moderator
2,851 Posts
The original lights for the 78 were the smaller ones all the way around. I have gotten the replacement lights off eBay and then changed the internal light socket so the wiring is stock. The OEM lenses will bolt right to them too.

The larger ones you have on the rear are from a latter deluxe or custom model.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original lights for the 78 were the smaller ones all the way around. I have gotten the replacement lights off eBay and then changed the internal light socket so the wiring is stock. The OEM lenses will bolt right to them too.

The larger ones you have on the rear are from a latter deluxe or custom model.

Ah, thanks for verifying that, Larry. One more piece of the puzzle down! Do you actually have a stock '78 in house that I can take some detailed photos of? I perused your photobucket page and there are lots of shots there, but closeup detail will help me put things where they're supposed to go.

·
Super Moderator
2,851 Posts
Yes I have stock bikes here, polished though. Send me a reply to the email with specific areas you want to see and I'll get some pictures for you. The offer still stands for you to come up even if it's without the bike. That way you could see what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.