Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a very nice small trunk with a rack on the lid with the purchase of my parts bike. I really like the look of it on the trunk relocator. But as most of you know there is very little room in the small trunk. I have been thinking about cutting the molded part out of the bottom of the trunk and gluing/fastening something flat in its place. First of all I don't no what material to use for the bottom. I have some old plastic trays from when I worked at Taco Bell a few years back. I think this will work alright if I add some angle bracing to it on the bottom. Has anyone else here tried this mod? I appreciate any words of wisdom and advise that y'all have about this.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
As much as I like mods it sounds like a trick. Seems like a similar trunk of the size you want would be the better option.

What about the rear brake light. Is your extender a markland? They sit lower and would probably block the light.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brake light won't be a problem Stitch. I got my hands on one of the plain Jane trunk relocators that just moves the trunk back behind the seat. I have a tall trunk as well, but I really like the look of the small trunk. I have large saddle bags as well, so I dont always need the tall trunk. And, if this works out on the small trunk, I may mod the tall trunk as well and get a little more room in it as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.