Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he guys. after putting a fresh run of oil in my bike, I've noticed there's a slow but steady drip coming from the area where my clutch petal goes into the engine. Is this a big problem? How much work is needed to fix such a thing?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove lever, pull out old seal, clean, press in new seal, refit petal.

In a nutshell that's it but a forum search should pull up some indepth info on this.

sounds good. thanks. Luckily, it's a small seal, huh? what's the actual term I should search for (seeing I don't even know the proper name of this petal, lol)

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
thanks. that one will fit/work, right? it actually ends up cheaper than bikebandit w/ shipping...

It should do.They are all the same for all CX/GL500 models AFAIK

Remember that it can be done,"In-Bike" but the oil will spill out a little depending on the level in the engine.Might be worth draining a bit.This is the same if and when you ever have to change a neutral light switch(Under the opposite side of the engine).

·
Super Moderator
23,975 Posts
Yes, part 7 in the diagram. They give the size as 14 x 26 x 6 but 7mm thick will work and is the more common size you should be able to buy in any bearing shop.

As for your other link, I'm pretty sure there are a couple more 'pictorial' ones here somewhere that may be of more value to you.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

excellent, seems simple enough.

It should do.They are all the same for all CX/GL500 models AFAIK

Remember that it can be done,"In-Bike" but the oil will spill out a little depending on the level in the engine.Might be worth draining a bit.This is the same if and when you ever have to change a neutral light switch(Under the opposite side of the engine).

my engine is almost bone dry from oil. Perfect time to do this.

Yes, part 7 in the diagram. They give the size as 14 x 26 x 6 but 7mm thick will work and is the more common size you should be able to buy in any bearing shop.

As for your other link, I'm pretty sure there are a couple more 'pictorial' ones here somewhere that may be of more value to you.

thanks man.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
When your first picture came up, I thought: Why is the nut side of the bolt on the top side? Usually it is on the bottom. Have you modified the gear shift arm? Or did some come that way?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.