Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning on going to the Slimey Crud Run in Pine Bluff/Leland Wisconsin on this Sunday (October 3rd)? I'm riding my goldwing rather than the CX, but plan on being there. Sounds like good weather at this time.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Scott I have been second guessing whether I was going to go or not because I didn't know of anyone else going.

Bear is feeling the money cruch.

David is getting a delivery of motorcycles saturday but depending on when his company leaves he may be in attendance.

I didn't get a chance to shoot Interstater/Joe and email and the same with WisconsinCx/Barry.

But if someone says they will be there then I will go as long as it isn't raining.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Cool! I'm in as long as it doesn't rain. I'll be in Pine Bluff about 10 or so. You still have the same cell number?

Same number since 2002

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Should we all meet up in the same place ... if I or anyone else can make it???

I am hoping I can go if there is still no rain. The 10 day forecast was positive a day ago.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Should we all meet up in the same place ... if I or anyone else can make it???

I am hoping I can go if there is still no rain. The 10 day forecast was positive a day ago.

That second buildings parking lot with the picnic tables would be a good idea. We know where that is.

Who knows maybe Bears girlfriend will drop by again.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I got a phone call tonight that I won't be getting the Hondas delivered on Saturday which means, weather permitting I will be at the Slimey Crud.

Would you like me to program my GPS to take us to Leland again???

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I got a phone call tonight that I won't be getting the Hondas delivered on Saturday which means, weather permitting I will be at the Slimey Crud.

Would you like me to program my GPS to take us to Leland again???

Whatever you want to do Dave. I can tell you I don't know how to get there so I would follow someone hopefully going that direction. Hell my phone doesn't even work in Leland. Maybe I should put a gps on the christmas list.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Don,

If you are going touring next summer I highly recommend you do so. Tigerdirect.com has refurbished motorcycle units (waterproof) from time to time that are really cheap.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Don,

If you are going touring next summer I highly recommend you do so. Tigerdirect.com has refurbished motorcycle units (waterproof) from time to time that are really cheap.

David, I went to that site and could not find any motorcycle units. I have a TomTom Rider for my ST & have the thought of picking up one cheap for my 650 but I could not find any. Is there a specific place to look on their site, I went through all their gps categories, no luck!

Gene

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
David, I went to that site and could not find any motorcycle units. I have a TomTom Rider for my ST & have the thought of picking up one cheap for my 650 but I could not find any. Is there a specific place to look on their site, I went through all their gps categories, no luck!

Gene

Gene,

You can search for "Motorcycle GPS" or by brand name and then look for a model. I have seen that that models change faster than computers ...

I did see that there were no rebuilt/re-manufactured motorcycle GPS units right now, but you have to keep checking.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm bummed, I can't make it. I am in Florida right now and won't be back in LaCrosse until Sunday afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Well we will have to see. It doesn't look like it's going to be warm. But so far it's on. Charging up the point and shoots batteries right now.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Well it's 5:30a.m. and 36 degrees. Headed out...

Scott,

Stay warm ... I will see you there. I am leaving at 7:30 ... hopefully it will be above 40 by then, but I have heated clothing so it really doesn't matter.

Don't burn up an engine this time!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I don't understand the concern for the weather. Isn't the wetter, and sloppier, making it more slimier and cruddier??

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I don't understand the concern for the weather. Isn't the wetter, and sloppier, making it more slimier and cruddier??

Yeah but a slimey, cruddy, cold and wet day makes it suck.

Didn't help I woke up at 6:30 ate some pizza for breakfast, got dressed, and then threw up 3 times. By 7:40 I felt great. It was high 30's low 40's when I left. Picked up about 5 miles of rainy mist and put on the miles. I met WisconsinCx 40 miles away and we took the back way to Madison and split off. It was still chilly at Pine Bluff and there were some bikes there. Lots of new. After hitting the road for the second time we got to Leland when things warmed up. By 2pm the extra cloths I had on had to come off and then back on the road to finish the rest of the 300 mile ride.

Pictures to come soon.

http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/Blindstitch2002/SLIMEY CRUD 2010 Fall/

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,251 Posts
...ate some pizza for breakfast, got dressed, and then threw up 3 times.
The left-over pizza should have gone into the fridge last night.

R

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.