Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking around for more CX riders in the area. we try to do some100-200 mile day rides.... looking for others that may want to join in. With winter coming our days are numbered. It was so nice yesterday we rode to Crofton then north across Gavins Point damn and home a really nice relaxing ride

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess your only 1 state away... if they would move minn out of the way, it would be easy! i'm on the west edge of iowa. Looks like there are quite a few riders in the twin cities area also..i always see cx's for sale up there on craigs list

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeppers...we are at the intersection of SD IA and NE... the city is in all 3 states... right on the Missouri river

·
Registered
816 Posts
BikerMike, I am usually up in your area in July. Specifically, for RAGBRAI. Haven't gone in a couple of years, but I am due to return in 2011.

Would be fun to ride Maggie through Iowa, tho. Might have to see about that when it gets warmer (say, after Memorial Day?)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Just looking around for more CX riders in the area. we try to do some100-200 mile day rides.... looking for others that may want to join in. With winter coming our days are numbered. It was so nice yesterday we rode to Crofton then north across Gavins Point damn and home a really nice relaxing ride
Come join me and a couple other former and current Silverwing riders at the following rally. It is the last BMW rally in the nation that has free beer. You would be a big hit at any BMW rally as they all walk up, look at your bikes and tell you they used to have one of those!

June 9 - 12, 2011

35th Iowa Rally

Pure Stodge Touring Association #30

35th Iowa Rally

Middle Amana Park, Middle Amana, Iowa

GPS Coordinates: N41° 47.937' W091° 53.998'

Join us in the historic Amana Colonies. All motorcyclists are welcome!

Rally fee: Pre-Registration - $35 adult/$15 child (Postmarked by May 14, 2011) - PO Box 2143 Iowa City, IA 52244 At the Gate - $40 adult/$15 child (under 6 free) Venders welcome(regular rally fee plus door prize donation) Rally pin & cup to the first 350 registered attendees Rally fee includes: -Shady, grassy camping Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights -Friday & Saturday night meals -Friday & Saturday night bands -Coffee, Iced tea & Lemonade -As always Traditional Iowa Rally Beverage courtesy of the Pure Stodge Touring Association The park has Modern rest room & shower facilities Fire rings and firewood available The Lions Club from Washington, IA will be the onsite food vender. They will offer breakfast Friday & Saturday mornings and a variety of food through the days & evenings of the rally Goody bags, Door prizes and Awards Self Guided Tours For more info: http://purestodge.org or call 319-530-1305.

·
Registered
816 Posts
This looks like a good time! I checked out the linky below for details. Love to hang out in the Amana colonies. I see that David Zollo is performing...that alone is worth the trip up from Missouri!

This is going on the calendar. Now, if I can off the road from work to make this one...

Come join me and a couple other former and current Silverwing riders at the following rally. It is the last BMW rally in the nation that has free beer. You would be a big hit at any BMW rally as they all walk up, look at your bikes and tell you they used to have one of those!

June 9 - 12, 2011

35th Iowa Rally

35th Iowa Rally

Middle Amana Park, Middle Amana, Iowa

GPS Coordinates: N41° 47.937' W091° 53.998'

Join us in the historic Amana Colonies. All motorcyclists are welcome!

Rally fee: Pre-Registration - $35 adult/$15 child (Postmarked by May 14, 2011) - PO Box 2143 Iowa City, IA 52244 At the Gate - $40 adult/$15 child (under 6 free) Venders welcome(regular rally fee plus door prize donation) Rally pin & cup to the first 350 registered attendees Rally fee includes: -Shady, grassy camping Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights -Friday & Saturday night meals -Friday & Saturday night bands -Coffee, Iced tea & Lemonade -As always Traditional Iowa Rally Beverage courtesy of the Pure Stodge Touring Association The park has Modern rest room & shower facilities Fire rings and firewood available The Lions Club from Washington, IA will be the onsite food vender. They will offer breakfast Friday & Saturday mornings and a variety of food through the days & evenings of the rally Goody bags, Door prizes and Awards Self Guided Tours For more info: http://purestodge.org or call 319-530-1305.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello again... sorry it took me so long to read the new posts. Iheart... love to take an evening ride with u if the weather ever staightens up!! this rain is getting old, but it looks better for this week!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
This looks like a good time! I checked out the linky below for details. Love to hang out in the Amana colonies. I see that David Zollo is performing...that alone is worth the trip up from Missouri!

This is going on the calendar. Now, if I can off the road from work to make this one...

At the Iowa Rally I will be on my Beemer with my camper, but there will be a least on Silverwing there and several former owners who now ride BMWs. I did it the other way around, where I rode BMWs before Silverwings.

Click on the thumbnail to see the camper and bike so you know what to look for to find me at the Iowa Rally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Iheart and Bikemike: I just joined and live in the Morningside area of SC as well. I'm just putting my 83 GL650 back on the road. If I have some time when I don't have to work, or fix something around the house, or go to one of the kids' functions, or do something with the in-laws, I would love to go for a ride. The weather is getting nice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry it took me so long SC bikers... we should get together!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.