Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might be interesting to know who has a rig and what it’s status/car model/bike model/purpose/which side is. Including models other than CX/GLs, although admittedly they are the most interesting to us. Previously owned rigs are of interest too. Of course general pictures are highly desired, as well as component and subassembly pics, as mounting a rig can be a very personal and customized endeavor. Who knows, someone then lurking might be encouraged to take that long dive into the unknown waters . . .
If ever a MC subject could uncover disparate opinions, this could be it!
The internet has made available a cornucopia of information to us. When I bought mine in 1975 old timers who knew how to set them up where unusual, but the chairs were not particularly costly. A few instruction booklets from the old countries were available, but IMO it was a bit of a “black art”. Very different (and better) today. Lets go fly the chair!😁
If this belongs in a different place feel free to relocate it.

Reactions: bahn88

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts

Reactions: bahn88

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sidecars do look tempting......but gotta decide between that and a 3 wheeler car....in retirement

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reclinedrelic, I’m so bummed that I missed that entire thread! My only defense is since I’m not into custom builds much I don’t look at the build forum. Great read, all 6 pages! Glad you survived the wreck, low speed was surely a factor. Good luck with the ongoing project, my long plan is to put my Velorex (Jawa) chair on a GL500. For now the CB500t will suffice.

·
Registered
'82 GL500 '83 GL650 '21 RoyalEnfield INT650
2,357 Posts
I can't tell you how great my sidecar has been! I put it on my Royal Enfield Interceptor and it has made my commute so much easier and better! And wet leave, sand and gravel are not the same danger as a 2 wheeler. Pushing it in and out of the garage is extremely easy. No need to balance, you just push and pull. And the nicest part! My best friend can come along!

I may eventually put one on one of my GLs for a winter ride.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Dog Hood Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,233 Posts
I live in Ontario, Canada and I don't drive cars so my outfits are mostly used as basic transportation.
In the warm half of the year I drive Mr.H: 1982 GL1100 with Dnepr sidecar (body somewhat modified)
Pics from 2019
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Window Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire

In the cool half of the year I drive Eccles: 1983 CX650E (at least according to the paperwork and the VIN plate but these days closer to a GL500) with Velorex 700 sidecar body on Ural sidecar frame
Pics from 2020
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Snow Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Snow Car

Latest pic Oct 7 2021. After its summer nap in the shed it is in the garage again waiting for its pre-season maintenance and a few other odds & ends to be done.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts