Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Many know of the Ignitech in the buy/sell section, and some have now found that Ray in Oz has a solution. So does Andy in Finland. Here are links to the appropriate information currently available.

Cobram's Ignitech group buy, very popular and successful.

Raymond in Oz and his Rae-San version.

Keep in mind, each are slightly different functionally, so be sure to do the research, as you should for any electric/electronic component.

No statement of guarantee is implied here, merely a link to resources.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't know what you mean by speciality tools. It is electronics. Soldering iron and meters etc. I've forgotten about the price. probably not a good choice unless you have built other electronics projects.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't tried the other options, but thanks to Ray of Rae-San for comming up with a solution I am deliriously enjoying. This is not a shameless plug as there is bo selfish motive for me here. Just putting in my two cents. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I said, they all have the same basic function, but all/each need certain other electrics to work properly. No magic bullets. Contact each member for more defined information such as shipping etc.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is there an updated link to purchase andy’s Ac cdi unit from Finland?
I don't believe he's making them any more. The Rae San or Ignitech are both tested and valid options.
I didn't dig into this very much, but here are some web pages regarding Andy's CX500 CDI units that give some more info.
I didn't check for the timeline this applies to.
Translate from Finnish.

https://tuumaustauko.blogspot.com/p/cx500-ignitech-cdi.html?fbclid=IwAR09K4ZNyCnggh9qjpfnZSKKkUh9XSpTej-QPCe0jwApFuGsa1X9PafeDbApages

1 - 11 of 11 Posts