Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So here's my story; the running tail light doesn’t work and its fuse burns right away (pic#2)

I followed the wire from the tail light to the front, it goes in the ignition (pic#1), comes out with power in it (sparked few times gangleling touching the bike) and it is not connected to anything

I also followed the wires from the fuse that bursts, and it lead me to the right handle brake, starting switch etc and its all clean, But are connected along the way by a red connection (pic#3). AND THERE, when I unplugged the black wire the short is gone..

well, anything common and tail light shorts I should look at? I’m a bit confuse and find it hard to explain what I’m going through.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, so I’m now way further on the line and I’m around he blinkers wiring. I know I’m close.

Anyone has a clear pic of pretty much all the electro components of the front end? specially around the headlight...

I think I might have a piece missing, a regulartor or something like that, a ignorant car mecanic cut it off my bike last year thinking it was a old horn or something....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does anyone know if my disconnecting the hand brake connections will cause any issues (besides the tail light not coming on when I press it)? My foot brake activates the tail light, so for the time being I can just make sure I'm always using both. My hand brake switch is terribly faulty and I have a feeling it's causing my short.

I'd just like to know ahead of time because there's a big meet tonight after work and I want to be able to take the bike.

Update: Nevermind, found my short. Harness was rubbing on the steering stop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It all lead me to my cateye blinkers that weren’t installed nor made for my circuit. I put other blinkers and its all good now. It seems i was riding without tail light for a year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.