Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a set of shocks for my CX500 C cafe racer build, and I’m having trouble nailing down a good choice. I’m looking for improved handling and a sportier feel, but not uncomfortably stiff. I’d like something 325-335mm eye to eye as my top shock mounts will be a few cm higher than stock after my frame work, and I want to keep the steering geometry the same. I am only about 65kg geared up so I’d need a fairly light spring, and I’m guessing the bike will weigh about 160kg once I’m done with it too.

Obviously I don’t wanna spend too much, but if the package is good enough I’d be willing to go as high as 500-600 AUD. I’ve heard good things about the IKON 7610-1412’s (about $600 from their store), and I’ve also heard people suggest Hagons and Progressives but I’m not sure which model. I was also about to buy a set of Gazzi Sport Lites but they’re out of stock indefinitely due to corona.

What would you guys suggest? Anyone have experience with any of these shocks, good or bad?
Thanks for any info
Lachie

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Most folk use those awfull chinese piggyback shocks but they usually are as hard as a rock. You might look at something like H-D Sportster shocks or even go to a shock seller and get some custom fitted to suit your weight . That will be expensive though......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most folk use those awfull chinese piggyback shocks but they usually are as hard as a rock. You might look at something like H-D Sportster shocks or even go to a shock seller and get some custom fitted to suit your weight . That will be expensive though......
I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of Ikon 7610’s because of the good feedback I’ve heard from others. Hopefully they work fine for my weight, I’ll post an update once I’ve got them fitted which probably won’t be for a while because I’m about to start work on the new rear frame and everything else centres on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts