Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 82 CX500 Custom that I'm trying to fill out the Race Tech Swingarm Geometry Form to get a pair of their custom shocks. I will post a scan of the form below [I will post the completed form in the modification thread as well as the wiki for others to use].

I've got all of the information gathered except for the Compressed Shock Length because I don't have a spring compressor to get this measurement.
I'll probably rent a spring compressor from AutoZone or something next week if I'm still in the dark and post the answer here.

As an engineer too lazy to bust out my old kinematics textbook:

What is the Compressed Shock Length?
or
What is the shock travel on the stock 1982 CX500C unit? [that math will be easier than the kinematics]

·
Registered
891 Posts
Cool..

I am still trying to decide on what shocks will be best for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool..

I am still trying to decide on what shocks will be best for me.
Race Tech makes top notch stuff. Not so much because of some mystery technology they have, but simply by building the unit to your weight and riding. Their standard custom twin shocks run $600+ while the piggyback reservoir shocks go about double that. Seeing that IKON's vintage Koni shocks go for $400 it isn't really all the much for a custom shock.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don't want to spend that much quite yet.. I just want this bike on the road already lol..
Planning a set of progressive springs in the front and debating the back, will choose in the next week or so.
Im a pretty skinny guy at 150ish pounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts