Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Easier than falling off a log after a 5th of Jack Daniels. TAS carries them and you'll get free shipping if you call in person: (260) 563-6937. Don't forget to pick up a few extra oil filters, possibly an air filter, a clutch rod seal, a 17 mm oil filter bolt and any other of the often overlooked goodies while you're talking to Matt. They know these bikes and have made a commitment to keep us in parts the best they can.

Helpful hint: Find a 0.19 very small flat blade screwdriver and bend the tip over, it will make a great extraction tool. When pressing in the new one just use an appropriate deep socket. Some tape over the shaft splines but mine was all oily anyway so I didn't bother and have no leaks.

Mention my name (Marshall) or just that you read about them on this forum and he may be able to throw in a small discount too along with free shipping on small items.

BTW: Through both our work we located the manufacturer and distributor for the correct 90* fuel filter. He'll only be getting 20 at first and they will only be for sale to our forum members until he gets a larger stock in. I think he worked out pricing to $3.50 shipped, $2.50 each additional, shipping included. They are the same ones that the motorcycle racing division of Clarke Manufacturing sells:

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=348

These are probably the exact same ones K&N carded and sold as the 81-0222, they're made in USA, are see-through and have a large sintered bronze filter element. I'll let everyone know when he gets them in and if there are any changes in the pricing.

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=348

They also make a slightly smaller one but he doesn't know if he can get them yet.

The best thing is they're 90* and fit our bikes without the possibility of putting a potential kink in the fuel hose. I searched for months and there just aren't many if any 90* ones out there that will fit.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Easier than falling off a log after a 5th of Jack Daniels. TAS carries them and you'll get free shipping if you call in person: (260) 563-6937. Don't forget to pick up a few extra oil filters, possibly an air filter, a clutch rod seal, a 17 mm oil filter bolt and any other of the often overlooked goodies while you're talking to Matt. They know these bikes and have made a commitment to keep us in parts the best they can.

Helpful hint: Find a 0.19 very small flat blade screwdriver and bend the tip over, it will make a great extraction tool. When pressing in the new one just use an appropriate deep socket. Some tape over the shaft splines but mine was all oily anyway so I didn't bother and have no leaks.

Mention my name (Marshall) or just that you read about them on this forum and he may be able to throw in a small discount too along with free shipping on small items.

BTW: Through both our work we located the manufacturer and distributor for the correct 90* fuel filter. He'll only be getting 20 at first and they will only be for sale to our forum members until he gets a larger stock in. I think he worked out pricing to $3.50 shipped, $2.50 each additional, shipping included. They are the same ones that the motorcycle racing division of Clarke Manufacturing sells:

These are probably the exact same ones K&N carded and sold as the 81-0222, they're made in USA, are see-through and have a large sintered bronze filter element. I'll let everyone know when he gets them in and if there are any changes in the pricing.

They also make a slightly smaller one but he doesn't know if he can get them yet.

The best thing is they're 90* and fit our bikes without the possibility of putting a potential kink in the fuel hose. I searched for months and there just aren't many if any 90* ones out there that will fit.

Hey Marshal,

I know this is an old post, but trying to utilize the old link you posted on where to get a shifter seal for my 1980cx500C but the link is now broken.

Any knowledge of where I would find new ones?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hey Marshal,

I know this is an old post, but trying to utilize the old link you posted on where to get a shifter seal for my 1980cx500C but the link is now broken.

Any knowledge of where I would find new ones?

Thanks
Sorry to say but Marshall is no longer with us, he passed away about 21 months ago. We miss him a lot.

I am not sure TAS is still around, they were having some problems getting orders shipped or

something like that. There are several online parts dealers you can order from. I use Georgefix a lot.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Look how far you've come. Bring it to me on one of my "wrench" days and I'll guide you. Oh, and I have access to amazing carbs for it too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.