Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well nothing quite like being greeted by a new set of Spitfires after a long day of work
Thank you UPS guy...thank you!

Here is the bike less wheels. Getting the tires mounted and balanced in the next couple of days. I thought I would just set the tank, seat and side covers on so I can remember what it is I am chasing again! haha. Sorta motivating

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Won't be long Rick and all the work will be a distant memory passing away in your rear view mirrors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZtrNohb4I

Haha...I was thinking about that just this morning Shep...once I get the bike done, and I know there will always be 'something' to do on the bike, I won't have anything to do but ride! Well of course there is my 72CB350k3 restoration, and then the 73 Kawasaki mach III H1D...it will be so nice to ride and I absolutely cannot wait.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My Blue CX,which is off the road due to lack of money,I made so reliable so for about 5 years I'd be out riding hoping something would go wrong so I could fix it.Sad eh

I don't worry too much about that Shep, I ride with some Harley guys, and their bikes break down, so I can live vicariously through them

Rick, bike is starting to look good - besides tires what is stopping you from getting back on the road?

Mike

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I don't worry too much about that Shep, I ride with some Harley guys, and their bikes break down, so I can live vicariously through them

Mike

I saw a couple of Harley's that were not two well last Sunday<grin>

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Rick, bike is starting to look good - besides tires what is stopping you from getting back on the road?

Mike

Thanks! Well this IS my first street bike,...so to answer your question my endorsement which I still need to obtain, and well, not too much more! haha

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well got the tires mounted over the weekend and I can call the front end nearly done. a bit more polishing to get her pretty'd up, but mechanically she's all good for now.

The back end needs some attention before the wheel gets mounted...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you rebuild the forks?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you rebuild the forks?

Yes. I didnt do them AS thouroughly as I would have liked, but the riding season is coming and I can't see myself obsessing about a 16 micron finish on the lowers when I could focus on the inners and call them mechanically sound. The longterm goal is to get her running, log some miles to 'get the feel' and then slowly work on the tedious items.

I basically disassembled them, thoroghly cleaned them out, replaced the seals, oil, springs measured fine, but may be tired, didnt add the PVC spacer bushing. I used the recommended Honda Oil and added 6 oz's per side. they feel really good...and MUCH better than before. I cannot bottom them out like I did before and I think that is good for a solid 220lbs jumping on the bars!! Look me up this week Mike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts