Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well carbs are sync'd. Idle is set. And the bolts have been tightened. Only one thing left to do. Let rubber meet road.

Gotta tell ya it was nice. Haven't ridden in about 12 years. So it was doubly nice to be on a bike after all those years and one that I had brought back to life.

This was the first machine I have ever worked on. So thanks to you all the process has been made simpler. 3 months ago I would never have guessed I could rebuild carbs, rebuild calipers or know what a petcock is.

Now I have 2 project machines. One ready to go for a safety check, one dead to the world but I have the confidence now.

I have more steps left to go, many more steps, but the first hurdle has been passed.

Thanks to all that gave advice, and keep it coming.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That's great, glad to hear you not only learned about bikes, but your first bike! My garage is getting a little cluttered too, projects seem to find you once you gain that little bit of knowledge.

Again, congrats, and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Right on! I am just about at the bottom of the pendulum swing now. I should be riding myself in about 4-6 weeks. I can't wait to feel what you are feeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.