Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a great time the last few years, getting back into biking via getting a non running GL500i, learning it's ins and outs with vast help from you folks. Then someone more or less gave me the CX so I did it up too and rode each in turn, tweaking this and that, for about a year I guess. But along came this XT600 and well something has to change. I know many of you say, only 3 bikes, what's the issue? (Had two more yet for awhile) Space in my shop is one, and me being in my 70's and not being able to set a 500lb bike back on it's wheels is another. Anyhow I listed them on CL the other day, which is kinda iffy
so thought to offer them up to you and see what you think. They both run fine mostly but are just past 30k miles and getting due for timing chains. I'll try and link the CL posts: '82 Honda GL500i - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... also: "82 Honda CX500c - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... There we go this might work. I expect 2k is high but it's easier to go down than up. Opinions anyone? My toys and I are very near Ann Arbor MI

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the way it worked out is one guy offered $3000 for the pair of twisted twins and now they are his. I have my xt 600 and lots of space in the shop. I plan to still be active in this forum and we will see what happens next...

Reactions: keith in zulu In
1 - 2 of 2 Posts