Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, actually nearly a year ago, I bought a bunch of cx500 parts with the intent to build a bike from scratch... Well after setting the parts in my garage, they haven't moved. I tried to work up the motivation to get started on this project, but I just found that I don't have the time or interest in building a bike from from the bottom up. I took a bunch of pictures of the parts that I got:

Cx500 Story by Evan Cooper (HeckaGTI) | Photobucket

Now, I'm more inclined to sell everything I have and just buy a complete or nearly complete cx500 instead.

I'll take an inventory of everything I have today after work, but from the top of my head I definitely know I have the following:

3 complete motors
1 partial motor
1 complete frame(NO TITLE)
1 front wheel
1 rear wheel
1 shaft
1 box full of misc parts
1 RPM gauge
1 Tachometer
2 Original mufflers, one with 2 downpipes the other with 1, maybe 2. I'll have to check the parts again.
2 gas tanks, one has a dent.

Some parts I am willing to let go for free, others pretty cheap. The motors I'm looking to sell for around $250-350 each. The frame, probably $100. Shipping costs are not included in any of these prices.

Let me know what you're interested in and if you see anything in the pictures that I haven't listed, point it out to me and I'll either put a price on it or just give it to you for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
506 Posts
hey,

I am looking for a brake pedal lever if you have one please.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmmmm.. looks like lots of good stuff.... I may be interested in another project. Marysville is just 45 min away.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm.. looks like lots of good stuff.... I may be interested in another project. Marysville is just 45 min away.
If you want to take it all, I'll give you a deal... though the gauges are spoken for by another member.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, OCR and Leonardovens, I don't have any of the parts you're asking for... sorry.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would be interested in one of the complete motors...

Are you open to offers or is the $ 250.00 price firm?

Do the motors have carbs?

Do they turn over?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have a headlight, blinker lights, and a mounting bracket?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be interested in one of the complete motors...

Are you open to offers or is the $ 250.00 price firm?

Do the motors have carbs?

Do they turn over?

Thanks,

Steve
The $250 was for the incomplete motor. I was looking more for $350 for one of the complete ones. I don't know the condition of any of the motors, to be honest, but I've drained the oil in them and there were no metal shavings. No rust on or in them either. I see you're not too far away from me, so if you want to make the trip to Marysville, I'll take $75 off the price of any of the motors. That's still very reasonable, considering other places on the internet are looking for $700 for a complete motor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry guys, I've been super super busy and haven't been able to rummage through all the parts I have. I've decided I'm going to sell the whole lot for $700. My loss is your gain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything's sold. A member came buy and bought the whole lot. Thanks for looking, everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts