Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a friend who rides a 650 savage and is griping about how uncomfortable the seat is.

He wants to know if the Roho Air Hawk seat cushion is a good product.

When he asked me I said "how should I know I like the seat on my bike" but he asked if I would throw the question out.

Any experience with seat cushions?

Any suggestions?

While I am at it is the anyway to make the 1978 CX500 look more like a cruiser? I know the rear tire can be swapped for a smaller one. Can the suspension be lowered any without major modifications?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I just went to a custom upholstery shop that deals in restoration of old cars & bikes. I've got Ostrich Hide but these places, if you seek them out, can do about anything you want. Take the seat by itself and get some estimates. They will usually know what you're wanting but be sure to draw it out so you will end up with exact.

Yes, you can lower the rear buy simply changing the shocks over to shorter one. TAS has some lower riders and some of the Harley shocks will fit as well.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went to a custom upholstery shop that deals in restoration of old cars & bikes. I've got Ostrich Hide but these places, if you seek them out, can do about anything you want. Take the seat by itself and get some estimates. They will usually know what you're wanting but be sure to draw it out so you will end up with exact.

Yes, you can lower the rear buy simply changing the shocks over to shorter one. TAS has some lower riders and some of the Harley shocks will fit as well.
Marshallf3,

Thanks for the answer. I am very concerned that after all the work I put into this bike I will not like how it rides and I much prefer the way cruisers feel in general. If I can make this have more of that feel I will be more inclined to ride it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.