Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!

The seat cover on my CX650C is due. A local upholsterer checked it and claimed that the material had dried out and can't be fixed..

Do you guys have any recommendations for a replacement seat cover? I'm looking for something that would look as close as possible to the original, would feel better on long rides and last forever.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
980 Posts
I did my 650c seat two yrs past with a cover from California, dont remember name of supplier, abt 50$. It is well made heavy vinyl. I did have to obtain new buttons to hold cover tight to foam, and used a narrow crown air stapler with 3/8" staples. Had to warm cover with blow dryer and carefully pull, stretch, and staple cover, then use large needle and heavy thread for buttons. It is a difficult job, local shops wanted a couple hundred to install cover, not make a new one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did my 650c seat two yrs past with a cover from California, dont remember name of supplier, abt 50$. It is well made heavy vinyl. I did have to obtain new buttons to hold cover tight to foam, and used a narrow crown air stapler with 3/8" staples. Had to warm cover with blow dryer and carefully pull, stretch, and staple cover, then use large needle and heavy thread for buttons. It is a difficult job, local shops wanted a couple hundred to install cover, not make a new one.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts