Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Hello everyone, first time here. I apologize if this has already been asked but I did not see anything on it. I just purchased a 1982 Honda GL500I Silverwing Interstate and wanted to replace the seat. I have it set up with the dual seat on. I've been searching for a bucket seat for it. I found one at the saddleman site but it's made for a CX500C. I would like to know if the seat pans for the GL500I and CX500C are interchangeable.

Thank you,

Ranger

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Blindstitch, I guess the search continues.

Ranger

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ranger I have had two seats recovered over the years and I have NEVER been disappointed. Unless your seat pan is compromised with rust or damage (like my last one was) the trim shop is the way to go. Good Luck!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
372 Posts
If it was a damaged double seat that they had in front of them they could remake it. Why not take the picture and your seat to a trim shop and ask them? They do miracles at trim shops!

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
The answer is no. If you want a double bucket like that seat you are going to have to build a custom seat pan and then take it to them to recover.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Greetings,

Hello everyone, first time here. I apologize if this has already been asked but I did not see anything on it. I just purchased a 1982 Honda GL500I Silverwing Interstate and wanted to replace the seat. I have it set up with the dual seat on. I've been searching for a bucket seat for it. I found one at the saddleman site but it's made for a CX500C. I would like to know if the seat pans for the GL500I and CX500C are interchangeable.

Thank you,

Ranger

You can get a one piece cover (CX) or a two piece (GL) cover by Saddleman at JC Whitney. I never can find it in their catalog, so I just call JC Whitney directly and tell them what I want. The GL two piece seat was $95 two years ago.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply David, I will check out J.C. Whitney and see what they have.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Thanks for the reply David, I will check out J.C. Whitney and see what they have.

My brother has been riding on his for over 30K and very happy with it. Looks identical too, except it is real stitching and not embossed and it has a small tag that says Saddleman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts