Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I lost my old one during a distracted oil change cuz when I went back in there to change the filter and oil last week, the washer/seat was gone.

It's this part:
SEAT, OIL FILTER SPRING
15414-300-000
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/15414-300-000

I'm willing to pay. I just don't want to pay partzilla $8 to ship a freaking envelope.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Consider fabricating a replacement. I don't believe that the tolerances are that critical for this part. Just want to keep the spring from digging into the filter. I've gone this route.

Bring your center bolt, spring and a filter to a small box hardware store. Go to where they sell the loose nuts and bolts and look for a specialty drawer that has flat bushings. I don't have a filter to refer to but I believe that the end has a small depression where the washer fits. Maybe not. Find a bushing that fits within this depression and has an ID close to or larger than the center bolt. See how it fits after assembling the parts as if you were installing it on the bike.

You may have to buy one with a slightly smaller ID and use a Dremel tool to enlarge the center hole. Again, it doesn't have to be perfect as the engine works find without the washer, as you can attest to.

Make up a couple, just in case.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
22,877 Posts
The OD also needs to fit into the recess in the filter. ID would be @20.5 mm with roughly 27 mm OD. Within reason, thickness isn't an issue as the spring will take up any minor variation.

The engine usually works fine without the washer but depending on the way the filter assembly is fitted to the motor the spring can spiral under the filter rubber and basically screw the filter out of place rendering it useless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts