Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do saddle bags on the bike? I am looking for something zip off for longer trips... any suggestions.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I just grabbed a set off Ebay (soft bag type) that just get thrown on under the seat

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got a pair of large Saddleman slant bags off of Craigslist. I moved my rear turn signals back to the taillight mount to make room for the bags to hang in place. Wasn't too difficult; I drilled holes in the sides, extended the wires, and fed the wires through the same grommet as the taillight. Looks pretty good, and now the large bags will fit!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Now those are some bags I could live with. I'm a little tired of backpacks and messenger bags, but I'm not a fan of the touring look. If there was a low profile saddle bag that also worked with a guitar case, I'd be in heaven. My backpack case touches the seat behind me and ends up catching bugs over my head.

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Now those are some bags I could live with. I'm a little tired of backpacks and messenger bags, but I'm not a fan of the touring look. If there was a low profile saddle bag that also worked with a guitar case, I'd be in heaven. My backpack case touches the seat behind me and ends up catching bugs over my head.

I ran across this guy about a month ago but I bet the saddlebags cost more than a cx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts