Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to start my bike up a week ago and all of a sudden she is only running on the left cylinder. (as viewed sitting on the bike) I took out the right plug cap and reved it a bit. I noticed that it didn't arc past 4k rpm or so. I'm thinking this may be a coil problem? Just wanted to confirm and get some other input before I spent unnecessary cash. Thanks a lot as always! If you guys have links to the parts I need that also be great too!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
So, I went to start my bike up a week ago and all of a sudden she is only running on the left cylinder. (as viewed sitting on the bike) I took out the right plug cap and reved it a bit. I noticed that it didn't arc past 4k rpm or so. I'm thinking this may be a coil problem? Just wanted to confirm and get some other input before I spent unnecessary cash. Thanks a lot as always! If you guys have links to the parts I need that also be great too!
always the easy checks first......2 new plugs,or at least,swop them over

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, see, I could visibly see that the right plug wouldn't arc over to the cylinder head past that certain RPM range. So I'm pretty sure I know the problem. Just not the solution unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Well, see, I could visibly see that the right plug wouldn't arc over to the cylinder head past that certain RPM range. So I'm pretty sure I know the problem. Just not the solution unfortunately.
vale,then as shep suggested swop coils and leads.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts